2012 has been a really . . . event filled year so far. We're only mid-way through July and here are only the MAJOR events that we've been through so far:
1) We entered the year trying to figure out why Scouty was suddenly crippled.
2) In January, George landed in the hospital for a week because his blood sugar shot up super high and they couldn't get it to come down. They finally got it down to the 200s -- much higher than they wanted but . . . much lower than it was -- and sent him home and he's been insulin dependent since.
3) In March, a close cousin of George's lost her battle with cancer. George went back East for the funeral where everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.
4) In April my sister had a heart attack while on vacation in New Orleans. They found a huge blockage so went to put in a stint and she had another heart attack, on the table. Her recovery is remarkable though. She's doing very well now but has two stints in her heart (I can't post anything about her heart attack on Facebook cuz she doesn't want people to know).
5) In June, my beloved Scout died.
6) In late June my aunt had a couple of strokes but she was lucky in that they were fairly mild and no significant damage to her brain.
7) My work is super tumultuous. There was a merger two years ago and the company hasn't done well since (thanks to the idiots on the other side of the company) and the investors have now taken over the company. They made a big power play in June to establish themselves as the jerks in charge by firing all of the executives on our side of the company including my boss and the founder of our company. I very much doubt that the company will survive.
8) Last night, George's nephew was murdered. 22 years old. Shot in the head while he stood in front of the barber shop where George used to get haircuts as a child. We're still in shock and don't have many specifics.