Tuesday, August 11

I am

so fucking angry right now. for my birthday I wanted a new fridge. Our old fridge is over 30 years old and it's time fo it to go. My guy bought me a lovely new fridge and they said that it would come on the 11th, but that on the 10th people would come and replace the water line and take away the old one so that on the 11th, the new one could come.

On the 10th, the people brought the new fridge and said they wouldn't be back to get the old one because "they aren't trash men." Yes they said that to my guy. Forget the fact that it's their job to come back, they were just rude. They also didn't care that they were a day early or that the new line MUST go in first. Today, the line guys showed up, said the old line was fine, but that nothing can be done until the old fridge is gone. The store said they'd try to send someone before the end of SEPTEMBER to take the old fridge.

I want them to take the old fridge and put the new one in, like the're supposed to, and I want them to say sorry because THEY MESSED UP, and I want it to be done before seven business days have passed. I don't think this is unrealistic, but it probably won't happen. What I do known to be realistic is that we won't be spending any more money with this company.

7 comments:

vq said...

In the last few years I have grown to be VIOLENTLY intolerant of poor customer service. I phone, I send emails, I write laters, I call the better business bureau, I walk into stores to make a scene in front of other customers, whatever it takes.

(And likewise, I always write a note to the manager or an email to corporate when I get exceptionally good service, and try to mention the person by name.)

In these terrible economic times, no store has any business alienating customers.

Fight back, Jilly. Don't take it lying down. Refrigerators are expensive, and I doubt they're selling many these days.

Bert Bananas said...

Do you have it in writing that the old fridge would be removed, and the water line prepared before the new fridge was delivered and hooked up? And apparently you do, because the store has agreed to do right by you, but maybe not until some time in September...

Send a copy of the agreement to the store, via registered mail, and tell them they have until 8-1x-09 to honor their agreement or you'll pay to have the work done and you'll expect them to repay you for the expense. Let them know that if they don't repay you, you'll sue them for the expense, plus your time in pursuing this at some reaonable hourly rate, plus the small claims expenses (have a friend serve them and bill you whatever the maximum service rate is).

If you're really on the war path, take a photo of both fridges, have Fedex Kinkos blow it up to poster size and you and Mando can picket. I'd love to be there for that !! Take some friends with you!!!

sheila222 said...

If you have a local news station that does "trouble shooting" for consumers, call them up. A two minute spot on the TV that may reach a million viewers in your area is bad press indeed. Give the company a warning, then say you are calling Channel 5. That seems to work terrifically down here, even when I think the consumer wasn't fully in the right. Stores want to look like they care about the customer. The other option is this,, you generally have 3-7 days to return the appliance. Check your state laws. Make them come back and get the new one, find someone else to do business with. Like Bert said, check your receipt. We are charged a fee for appliance disposal because that's what the landfill requires. If the old fridge has freon in it, that now has to be recovered before it can go to landfill. Just like old AC units. Good Luck.

mavis sidebottom said...

its only a fucking fridge in the great scheme of things theres more stuff to get angry about if the worst thing in my life was that a fridge didn;t get delivered in time then I think id probably be a fairly happy bunny these days

emma said...

wrap up the old fridge in pretty paper and leave it outside. Someone will steal it.

------

Verbie, I agree. In this day of bad economy and slow business why any business would want to alienate customers is beyond me

Brenda said...

so what happened?

i would tell them to stick the fridge up their ass.

Jilly said...

they're supposed to come tomorrow, but sine they've been no call no show two times now, i'm not holding my breath. if they don't comoe tomorrow, they're taking itback. I've been forcd to feed my kid fast food for a week, which makes me feel like a GREAT mother. My kitchenis the size of a walk in closet and one fridge barely fits in there, much less two, so i haven't beenable even get into my kitchen in days. I can't evenget to the baby's juice. I had to throw out several hundred dollars worth of groceries and i'm really tired of not having anything cold to drink. i was seconds from hitting someone at the store, when my guy stopped me. he's always a diplomat when it comes to things like this.