Saturday, August 15

Mixed up

My friend came over to watch tv at my house tonight. I don't watch TV and she does, but she only has basic cable and I have 1000 channels, so it works out. Anyway, she put the news on and it said it was WGN news at 9, but it's 10. Also, we've enver had a WGN. In confusion, we sat and watched it for about 5 minutes wondering why we didn't recognize the news people and pondering their funny accent. All of a sudden, the anchor said "you've been watching Chicago, Illinois local news at 9." Since when does Baltimore, MD get Chicago news? The female anchor said "Ah-mer-can" like Bush but everything else was in the midwestern accent that's just shy of annoying. If you watch tv, did you notice anything like this?

4 comments:

emma said...

Chicagoans don't talk funny

Brenda said...

i agree. it is everyone else that talks funny.

Bert Bananas said...

WGN is part of the basic cable package for many providers. It's a popular channel because it offers Cubs baseball games.

Out here in the West, I appreciate knowing two hours ahead of everyone else what's going on in the world.

Jilly said...

Bert, I don't think I have ever met a cubs fan around here. I live in bird country and every so often I spot a nats fan. Football season is the same way, except it's a three-way tie between the skins, ravens and steelers.

Jilly