Thursday, August 5

creative

I'm always amazed at how creative people can be.

Kirsten Wicklund completes a crochet or knit project, dips it in porcelain, fires it (which burns away the yarn) and is left with beautiful statues of doiles etc.

The pictures are just beautiful and sorta remins me of the candy dishes full of stale and dusty ribbon candy at my great-grandmom's house. No one was ever allowed to eat the nasty stuff, it was as much a decoration as all the doiles and hummel figurines.

I think this is why I hate knick-knacks.

Anyway, here's the link if you'd like to look.

7 comments:

vq said...

Geez! I guess EVERYBODY'S grandmother had the gross, dusty candy bowl that nobody ever ate from.

Catz said...

The pictures are beautiful.

凱許倫 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
emma said...

I'm getting damned tired of that Chinese spam comment crap. Are we at war with China?

Brenda said...

we are emma. they are trying to kill us with lead laden toys, asbestos laden drywall and poison dog food.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenny Robin said...

My grandparents also had that candy bowl. My sisters and I tried and tried and tried to get that candy out...actually it was a jar, so it was nigh on impossible to get anything out of that jar.