Saturday, December 13

A Christmas Debate

Who is your favorite movie Scrooge? I have been having a raging war with the 8th grade English teacher who feels that George C. Scott is the definitive Scrooge, while I feel that Alastair Sim is the one and only. One person at school has weighed in with Patrick Stewart, but both John and I feel that his is a second rate classic although the production is good.

I also really love Lionel Barrymore's radio interpretation of A Christmas Carol too
and as a side note Bill Murray was pretty good in Scrooged too.

5 comments:

mavis sidebottom said...

alistair sim for me followed by the muppet version

emma said...

Alistair Sim w/GCS running a good second and I liked Albert Finney too.
But this year, I'm not out of the running.

emma said...

PS: I just love A Christmas Carol

Sonya said...

Michael Caine in a Muppet Christmas Carol.

Beanns37 said...

Ok, this probably will get me thrown off this blog, but I love Bill Murray in Scrooged :)