Monday, December 1

She's b-a-a-a-c-k

The pit bull with glasses that is.  Yep, Sara Palin is right here in my state today, stumping for the Republican in the run-off for the Senate seat that will determine whether or not the Democrats will have a filibuster proof majority.

According to the "perceived wisdom", if the Republican wins, Sara will be with us for a long time since it will prove that she's the reason he won-never mind that we've been undated with nasty campaign ads, not to mention visits from Rommney, Rudy, Cheney and Huckabee.  For a real "what the hell?" moment, look up his last race against Max Cleland-a triple amputee from Vietnam who Chambliss (the R. in this race) portrayed as "soft on terrorism" and unpatriotic to boot.  And the people of my state fell for it!  

Keep your fingers crossed that there is a large turnout tomorrow.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Update-I've spent the afternoon answering robocalls for all and sundry (even Pat Boone!) reminding me how very important my vote is tomorrow. Only, of course, if I plan to vote for the incumbent-which I would never do, I don't care WHO calls.

emma said...

I've said it before . . if Sarah Palin is the best & the brightest the Repubs have to offer--they're in trouble