Thursday, October 8

aerobics

my best friend talked me into taking a water aerobics course. The class is one hour long twice a week for six weeks and it was only $26, what a great deal. It's taught by my friend's friend. Everyone else in the class is at least 60. The teacher works us harder because we're young and can do more, but it's actually fun. Something about the water makes the muscle pain take a few days to actually hit though. The other half of the pool has infant/toddler swim lessons at the same time our class is going on and I'm thinking of taking Mandolin. So we do tae bo three times a week, water aerobics twice a week, i do the elliptical at least three times a week and i often take mandolin on 1-2 hours long walks around a lake near my house. I don't think i could possibly do anything more to keep moving. What are you doing to keep active?

6 comments:

Bert Bananas said...

Liz and I walk 50 minutes to 90 minutes every other day. We walk up a big hill to these water tanks. We've both lost some weight. Her more than me because on top of the walking, she's also eating sensibly. I eat sensibly, but also voluminously...

And I also walk a lot on the golf course. I haven't given up the cart yet, but I probably walk a third of the course. I'll be back to no-cart walking by Thanksgiving.

Sonya said...

I'm not doing enough.

vq said...

I walk rather listlessly on the treadmill at my gym about 3 times a week. And I unenthusiastically do some weight-lifting at home. Guess that explains why I'm not that fit...

Jilly said...

i'm only doing the water aerobics because it's supposed to be good for my hand gimpy/spine issue. however, on thursday the woman who runs the class got angry at this one group of old bitches who kept talking and were only half-assing it and kept saying "Everyone tell Lucy thanks for the 10 more we're doing." I really wanted to hit Lucy with my foam weight by the time we were done arm curls.

i was going to buy some light weights, but then I realized that a can of peas is the same weight as a starter barbell and the cheapass inside of me was happy and so now when i bother to do my at-home weight lifting PT, i use canned goods.

Jenny Robin said...

I need to find some new activity now that drum corps is over. At the height of the season we were rehearsing 10 hours on Saturday, 8 on Sunday, 3 on Monday, and 3 on Wednesday, so I was getting in about 24 hours of exercise a week.

I travel practically every week now, so I'm thinking I need to find hotels with indoor pools and just go swimming every morning or night. The only problem with that is I'm usually working from 7am to 11pm...the hours that most of the pools are open.

Hmmmm

Jilly said...

Jenny, there are some chain gyms that are 24 hours. One chain near me is called planet fitness. It's $20 a month to join, they're open 24 hours and they have many locations in our tri-state region, for people who can't be tied to one location. You shoould do some research for a place like that near where ever you're going. i thought about joining so that i coud go work out late at night after my guy gets home, but decided to just stick with what i'm already doing.

jilly