Thursday, October 15

so........

it seems vanda has given up on the other bookshelf and stated that we, over here, on the other side of the world, are still going strong. big surprise????? although it gets quiet on occasion, middle aged old broards don't stop talking. we don't shut up. we talk long after we shouldn't be. and i was thinking about this, a few moments before i read his post...i have had a longer relationship with you lovely ladies than i have with girlfriends in my real life. that might sound sad, but truly is not. i can talk to you when ever i want. you check in when you can. give some encouragement, advice, love and friendship. you don't expect anything from me. i don't have to show up for a lunch date. if i act like a bitch, you forget about it in a few days. if i went missing for a while, you would worry. not that you could do much about it, but someone somewhere would care. and even though you wouldn't know where i live to have the police check if there was a rotting corpse, you still might care a little. and that would be okay. people come and go, but a few remain, and i think that is wonderful. and so to all of the old broards, and we wear the title with pride... love you and thanks.

12 comments:

emma said...

I'd care about your rotting corpse!!

Brenda said...

thank you emma. i knew you would. that will be a comfort to me if someday i am a rotting corpse.

Bert Bananas said...

Group hug!

Swear to ghawd, my WV is "flessid"

Jilly said...

allan's always saying something about bookshel being dead. however, if it's true this time, we all know which "shelfers" did it.... (lord that's not catty)

Spidey, we'd have a proper memorial followed by a chat about all your favorite TV shows like "the office" and your favorite foods like sushi and your hate of squirrls .

Jilly

vq said...

I love me some Old Broards.

Sonya said...

It's a nice place to have.

emma said...

Spidey,
Allan probably posts that periodically just to get Saria and raga to get all riled up and post things. "oof Boy George"

Brenda said...

speaking of rotting corpses... what are you going to be for halloween?

Bert Bananas said...

Regarding Halloween, I'm trying to find a Black Hole costume. I figure nothing would attract the babes like a Black Hole...

UrbanStarGazer said...

"if someday i am a rotting corpse" -- you know somethin' we don't? Figured out how to cheat death? SHARE!!!!!!

I would care.

Brenda said...

i plan on having the body creamated before it rots. LOL

Beanns37 said...

I'd care about all y'alls rotting corpses. I know I've been out of it for a while but like Spidey said, we each check in at least occasionally and if we don't people ask about us. and, I've met a lot of you in person and I really consider you my friends. Here's to good broads and good friends ;)