Tuesday, August 12

Brangelina twins' pictures

So "Brad & Angie" ....I'm still pissed at him for dumping Jennifer Aniston--not that I was so in love with them as a couple, but Angelina Jolie . . come on now.....she Frenched her own brother during the Oscars . . .she wore Billy Bob Thorton's blood around her neck...what kind of great PR does she now have that everyone thinks she's right up there with Mary, the Mother of God?!! . . .
I digress. So "Brad & Angie" sold pictures of their new twins to People magazine for some astronomical sum like 12 million dollars.

Did any of you old Broards actually buy this magazine? I didn't, but I will admit to flipping through it while standing at a Kroger check out lane. These babies . . . . guess what? They look like babies!
Even if they said that they gave this money to charity . . .is this whoring out your kids a good thing? As you may surmise by the "whoring out"your babies phrasing that I do not think it's a good thing.

16 comments:

vq said...

I think this baby-photo selling phenomenon is bizarre. Who cares what their babies look like? As Emma says, most babies look alike, anyway. (You know--kinda like aliens...)

sheila222 said...

Forgive me sisters, for I have sinned. I read People when I get my nails done (OK- two sins- but it's the only thing that keeps me from biting them).

vq said...

Heck, I read it too, but what I want to see is celebrity cellulite, dammit!

Jilly said...

i didn't read it, i don't usually care about other people's kids beyond what i have to do for work. I wish someone would buy my baby's pictures for $12 million. However, the petty side of me will note that my baby is a lot prettier than some of those kids.

Brenda said...

first off, verb, i love your little picture by your posts. you look so lovely.

and as far as the picture selling stuff. i have two opinions on it. first off, the mags shouldn't be able to make millions off of the pictures without some compensation to the subject of the picture. but it rubs me the wrong way to whore out your kid. so my opinion pretty much negates itself. unless of course the parents put the money aside for the babies to use for a great education and a nest egg for the future.

vq said...

Spidey, if it were a big picture, you'd see that I have a good quarter inch of gray roots. But what the hell--it was sunset in Mazatlan and it was a nice evening, and it IS a small picture, thank god.

Jilly said...

PSA:

you can make it a big picture by double clicking on it and opening it.

Jilly

vq said...

Well maybe I COULD, but I certainly WON'T. ;)

mavis sidebottom said...

My favourite barman is looking good on it too

Clank Napper said...

I never read OK, Hello! or any of those magazines. I dislike the fact that these celebs think we are interested in their private lives. I'm not. I have better things to do with my time.

And I think it is a bloody disgrace that people are more interested in the life of somebody who looks pretty on screen than those who have actually achieved something. Authors and scientists and doctors.

...and now I will stand down from my soap box in Hyde Park on a Sunday morning.

mavis sidebottom said...

is it an extra tall soap box?

Clank Napper said...

Bitch. Hope your children kill your dogs then mince then up and put them in pies for you to eat.

Gail said...

Thanks for the invitation I got today and just as soon as I can think of something to say, I'll post it ;-)

vq said...

Gail, one of the greatest things about being an Old Broard is that the things you say don't actually have to be meaningful. :D

mavis sidebottom said...

someone gag clank

Gail said...

the things you say don't actually have to be meaningful. :D

Well, that's a relief