Thursday, May 14

urban dictionary

Reader's Block
May 12

Related to Writer's Block, this is when you cannot, for the life of you, pick up a book and read it. Sure, you may be able to read a paragraph or two, or maybe even a page, but you don't retain anything of what you just read or have the attention span and/or will to go on. This is common for those who have ADD, are in possession of garbage literature, or are just so exhausted from having to read so many books during school/college that reading anything else, even for pleasure, has become impossible. To those who love to read, this is worse than heart disease and cancer combined.
Eddie - Hey, man, I see you're reading McCarthy's The Road. Nice.

Nerdlinger - I'm trying to read it, but I got this damn reader's block! I'm 20 pages in but I don't remember anything. Fuck!
I recognise this as something I get more and more often

5 comments:

vq said...

I get it too, and I'm learned that when I'm in a spell of it, it's useless to even pick up a book.

Great find. Glad I'm not the only one.

vq said...

Er...I'VE learned, I mean.

Gail said...

Count me among the ones with this affliction-and it's getting worse!

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

me too ... it pains me greatly

emma said...

i get Reader's Block all the time. I can read three or four books within a week and then nothing for months on end . . then the cycle starts again