Monday, July 20

My life is over...

I was doing something in the kitchen when i noticed that it was quiet. My house is rarely quiet so i went looking for Trouble. I found her in her room sitting naked in a large pile of baby powder (she managed to empty the entire bottle) and trying to clean it up with one lone baby wipe she stole from the trash (gag). I'm not overly shocked at the mess, but I was terrified at the attempt to clean it up. Sure, her first attempt at covering her tracks was pure crap, but she's not even two yet. I'm horrified at the thought of what she'll be covering and how well she'll do it by the time she's an adult. We had a short conversation about taking things out of the trash in which she laughed hysterically at her new trick and I resigned myself to years of super detective work and worry. How did all of you old broards do it?

5 comments:

Brenda said...

you do it jilly cause if you really don't have a choice and it only gets worse. on the subject of her covering her own tracks. good for her. she will be able to take care of herself. spideydaughter did and covered up shit that i never even knew about. and i say...thank god for that.

mavis sidebottom said...

personally Im glad I dont know half of what my eldest son did id never sleep again

Gail said...

One day at a time, Jilly. And just think, she's not even a teenager yet.

I thank the goddess every day that Heather is almost 32.

vq said...

When Ian was about 22 months old, he broke a glass jar of peanut butter sometime in the wee, wee hours of the morning. By the time I came downstairs at 6 a.m., every piece of glass had been picked up and put in the trash can. (Astoudingly, as far as I could tell, he didn't cut himself.) I didn't even know it had happened until I noticed smears of peanut butter on the pantry door and the kitchen walls (and Ian's face.)

Don't think of it as devious, think of it as a very smart little girl!

Jilly said...

i really am a horrible person sometimes. because of her disability, she doesn't have the body strength to climb or get out of her crib. my life has been a little easier because i don't have to worry about her getting out of bed in the middle of the nigt and raising hell just yet.