Thursday, July 2

Recommendations

Today I had some time so I watched "American Masters" on Garrison Keillor. It was a wonderful program and if you get the chance, watch it. He can tell a story like no one else.

Yesterday, my guy and I went on a date to see Food, Inc. at a little artsy theatre in Bethesda, MD. Because of last weeks terrible accident on the Metro that killed 9 people, it took us 1.5 hours to get to the theatre, making us miss our movie time, but we had a good time wandering the shops at the row before catching the next showing. The movie was great, so if you get the chance to see it, do. We had a great conversation while on the metro back to the car and all the way home in rush-hour traffic. If you ead "Fastfood Nation"' the movie closely parallels this book, but has some new things and leaves some other stuff out. I wish I had this movie to show my kids earlier this year, it's so much better than "Supersize Me."

I think we'll go see The Cove, about the killing of dolphins, for our day out next month.

No comments: