Friday, October 31

Ghosts of Halloweens Past

As I sit waiting for the trick-or-treaters to come, I can't help but think back on the glory days of the Old Shelf, and the fun of the Shelf Halloween party.  I would actually make a point of coming home early on that day so I could be there in time for the East coast Shelfers to arrive in costume.
I remember that one year I was NastyPcofWork, or something along that lines (in honor of Readfisher) and another I was DarkIncontinent (which I found ridiculously funny, even though no one else did.)  My best one was JuneCleavage.  I remember there were many delightful personae, although I can't remember any of them now.

So I lift my Michelob Ultra in a toast to the silliness and wittiness of Halloweens of yore on the Shelf!  It was a glorious time!

6 comments:

Jenny Robin said...

I was KrustyKrotch one year, which was really disgusting.

vq said...

LOVE IT

Brenda said...

i still have the link for one of the rooms we created for the party.
those were good days. i can't remember my costume name.

emma said...

Verbie, the Halloweens were fun . . . . I can't remember any of my names though. I LOVE DarkIncontinent!

Ded said...

On Halloween, we have maybe 200 kids, young and old, come to the house for treats. I enjoy handing the candy out and so never had much time to come to those Shelf events. The one time I did attend I went as DikDiver, an s/n that recieved much attention from LassieDog but also someone I assumed was BokeRaptor.

Jilly said...

my fav was whoever dressed as something like "Johnnycasheditin" the year the man in black died.

i'm not a punny person, so i never had a good name, but i always loved the creativity the shelf showed.

jilly