Saturday, October 25

i wonder

what we shall talk about after the election? my guess it will be a bunch of bitching about who won and how they do things, that's been the MO for the past 12 years or so.

in other news hormones really suck

reason 1
i've been on a dark chocolate jag for a few weeks now. my guy went into the cold rain to the corner store for something and said he'd bring me some chocolate. i waited and waited for that chocolate, i just knew that chocolate would make everything better. my ovaries were screaming for some chocolate. damn if he didn't bring me espresso dark chocolate. now, we've known each other for about 11 years now and NEVER have i liked coffee anything. when i questioned his choice, his response was "we'll, i like it, so i'll eat it if you don't." i don't know what happened, but the chocolate ended up in the trash, it was like my body acted for me.

reason 2
last night we went to see miracle at st. anna. it was good, but too graphic. we had to go to an artsy AFI theatre near DC (they sold wine, so i had some). when we got out and went to the car, some asshat had parallel parked too close to us and we thought we were stuck. we were over an hour from our house in baltimore, so leaving the car wasn't a favorite option. i calmly got out and decided we could get out if we wiggled the car a lot, but i wasn't calm, something snapped in me right then. i grew up in a town where paallel parking was the only way, so i'm an expert in the field. my guy drove and i motioned him to back up or stop. using my multi-taking abilities, i wrote a nasty note. half an hour later, when the car was free, i placed said nasty note on the offending car. my need to keep post-its everywhere paid off. when my guy found out what'd i'd done, he lectured me all the way to get the baby and home about giving into my urges to do petty things. sometimes, i just can't be the bigger person and i have to be petty.

2 comments:

emma said...

Jilly,

Write down what you want your guy to bring back.
Once I called BP and asked him to bring home some leafy lettuce. He brought spinach

vq said...

Once Hallie and I went to the park with our next door neighbor, Jackie and her son. When we got back to the car after our outing, there was a note under her windshield wiper. It said:

Dear Asshole. Next time leave me a fucking can opener so I can get my fucking car out of the fucking parking space.

Your Friend,
Mike


We couldn't help but laugh.