Sunday, June 21

Fresh Tea

I love tea. I mostly drink ice tea (I have no idea where the "d" went, but we never say it). I hate any swetner in it, and i rarely sweeten hot tea either but like a dash of milk.

Recently, I decided to plant some herbs and make my own tea. This is my project of the week. I have some pretty tea cup planters and a large tea pot planter i got from michaels to be used for my niece's birthday party. They're no longer needed to house dirt cake, but would look cute growing my tea things.

This is a picture I took while at the hardware store buying a picnic table kit. Mandolin takes after me and drinks unsweetened tea. Some old bitch yelled at me for allowing my white daughter to have a black baby doll. Who cares? it's the one she wanted, so it's the one she got.

Have any of you made your own tea? How did it turn out?

9 comments:

vq said...

Adorable picture!

Brenda said...

the picture is so cute.

i have not made my own tea, other than a tea bag.

Sonya said...

I like herbal tea more than black tea, but I've never made my own. That photo is adorable. You're right, that woman who dared to say something about the doll is a bitch. Jeez.

Beanns37 said...

Totally cute pic! And OMG, who cares what color her doll is, what an idiotic thing to say to you, freakin' racists

emma said...

love the picture . . I've made both chamomile and spearmint tea before. I like green tea and black tea.
Unsweetened, with one packet of Equal or Splenda

vq said...

Jilly, do you have Trader Joe's there? They have the best bottle unsweetened orange-bergamot iced green tea. I am addicted to the stuff.

That Tejava bottled unsweetened black tea is quite good, too.

emma said...

i want a hat like Mandolin's!

Jilly said...

We have trader joe's, but i don't really go there that often. my friend S likes whole foods and i go there every month or so with her.

Ms. Mandolin LOVES hats and shoes. She does not get this from me at all. When we go shopping, she loves to sit on the floor and put different shoes and hats on and have a fashion show.

Her favorite way to accessorize an outfit is two different shoes and a bucket for a hat, but on this day we agreed upon her UV proof sun hat.

She is also allowed to pick her outfits out every day. I have them all hanging in the closet and I pull two out and she picks the one she wants with the shoes and hat.

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

What an adorable picture... she is simply beautiful and so is her doll ... people are so weird about things sometimes.