Tuesday, November 24

Gross Eat

My daughter is underweight for her age. She basically prefers to live off of yogurt (it must have splenda in it) and fresh fruit and veggies. I've found a few fat building foods she'll eat, but it's been a struggle. Anyway, today I was putting gifts into boxes when I heard the kitten make an odd noise. Upon further inspection I found Mandolin and the dog I dogsit sitting by the kitten's food dishes and drinking his water from his dish and eating his food. Apparently Mandolin loves and i mean loves kitten food that's been soaked in a bowl of water. Her little cheeks were chipmunk fat they were so full. My first reaction was to vomit, but I held off and went with my second reaction, which was a whole lot of corner standing time with some ranting about how nasty eating cat food is. I called her daddy to tell him about it and his response was: "Well, it's got fat and protein, so she'll gain weight." She hasn't put anyhting gross in her mouth in almost a year, she doesn't even eat off the floor/ground. I pray nothing ever happens to me, or Mandol will turn in to a wild little hellcat with no social skills like Nell: "tay in the wind."

7 comments:

Sonya said...

I know I shouldn't, but I laughed. You have made kitten food a forbidden fruit.

Bert Bananas said...

If some guy ever finds out Mandolin's weakness... !!!

Jenny Robin said...

I'm thinking let her eat it.

UrbanStarGazer said...

I have to say, I laughed out loud too. I had a niece that we couldn't get to stop eating dog food. Poor dog was losing weight. They finally had to start feeding the dog on a schedule and stand there and watch and take it away when he was done . . . she finally stopped.

Jilly said...

it's nasty and funny at the same time, but in person, it really makes me want to vomit. What really gets me is when she tries to give me kisses with her cat-food breath and dirty little mushy cat food face. I really feel bad for GusGus because he needs to eat!

emma said...

That's a cute story!

Kathryn said...

I know not about Mandolin, but it's very bad for dogs to eat cat food; it's missing some sort of protein or something that dogs need.