Tuesday, November 4

Early Voting

Last night on the news, the figure of 42% of all registered voters in NC had already voted was given. What a fantastic number. I just hope it doesn't mean that no one will vote today. Daughter drove by our normal polling place where in 2004, the line was 3 hours long and she said no one was there. It is also raining, so that may hurt turnout today.

In other news- 11/3/08 MSNBC in their discussion of who will be the next secretary of the Treasury said that the Bush White House has provided unprecedented amounts of material and help to both campaigns about the economic situation so that for whomever wins, they will get up to speed quickly and to help them as they are picking their Treasury sec to look at the problems and see which of their folks may best fit the bill. Apparently more information is being shared and more open communication than ever in history from an outgoing president and administration.

3 comments:

Sonya said...

I've been at home today doing nothing but watch taped TV and waiting for the evening to come. I plan on drinking a glass of sparkling wine, win or lose. Happy or sad. Gleeful or glum. The day is here and I'm glad to have had it arrive.

Jilly said...

we don't have early voting. we had to stand in line for an hour. all over the city people stood for between 3-5 hours today outside in the rain to vote.

jilly

Gail said...

As long as the new Secretary of the Treasury doesn't come directly from Wall St., I suggest Warren Buffett. Hey, I know it'll be a slight deduction in his paycheck, but at least HE knows how to make money ;-) I saving up to buy just one share of his B shares in Berkshire-Hathaway.

On the other hand, I voted early and glad I did since I spent ALL freaking day in jury duty and have to go back today at 1:30 to sit around some more. Needless to say, Den and the dog weren't best pleased that I'd spent the day out of their sight.