Sunday, September 21

Another question--Favorite Gifts

I know I've been boring you to death with my mommy stories, I can't help it. I'm on my period and my baby isn't going to be a baby much longer, so my hormones are beating me up. Anyway, what's the best gift someone you've been in a relationship with gave you?

Today my guy surprised me with a gift for (as he called it) the anniversary of me being a mom. He secretly took videos of the baby for the past year and then compiled highlights into a 10 min video. Of all the stuff he's bought me over the years, this is by far the best thing ever. He isn't creative in the least and can only make things using computer code, so I was so shocked and awed by it. Right at this second, he's sitting next to me making a similar video of the birthday party to share. If I ever get any on youtube, I'll share it.

6 comments:

mavis sidebottom said...

Ive never had a good present from any man,not that kind that involves any thought going into it

emma said...

For our first anniversary BP framed the first email I had sent him and a picture of the two of us. I thought that was thoughtful.

Since then he usually says, "What did I get you for__________ (fill in the occasion)"
And that's okay with me. At least I get myself something I want.

Gail said...

The rather large gift certificate from Barnes & Noble that Dennis gives me every year for Christmas. I much rather have that than have him go out and buy something for me that he expects me to actually wear in public. He also doesn't "do" birthdays and anniversaries, so I consider myself lucky to get that cert. every year.

Beanns37 said...

My ex gave me the Billy Joel box set one year, that took some thought and I still listen to it.

Brenda said...

bigjoe is pretty romantic and generous, so i don't think i should post my story. you will all be insanely jealous.

Jilly said...

my guy usually does well buying me things, i literally have too much jewelry for any single person, but that doesn't take a lot of thought, just money. the video was from his heart and took a lot of time, energy and planning oh and creativity.

jilly