Thursday, September 25

Insert your own financial disaster

This is the best financial advice I've heard all week:





If you had purchased £1000 of Northern Rock shares one year ago it would now be worth £4.95. With HBOS, earlier this week your £1000 would have been worth £16.50, £1000 invested in XL Leisure would now be worth less than £5, but if you bought £1000 worth of Tennents Lager one year ago, drank it all, then took the empty cans to an aluminium re-cycling plant, you would get £214. So based on the above statistics the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle.

4 comments:

Beanns37 said...

Finally, something that supports my life view! :)

Gail said...

I'm sending this to our financial guru since he apparently needs the advise. He talked Dennis into selling most of our Coke stock and INVESTING IN BANK STOCKS! We have now lost a butt load of money. I'm on my way to the store to stock up on wine, gin, bourbon, beer and whatever else spirits I can find to dull the pain (and while we still have some funds).

Ded said...

I bought four shares of McClelland's this afternoon and it's already gone.

Gail said...

My Liberty Creek wine seems to be loosing value as we speak.