Wednesday, September 10

Murf Speaks!

I guess I have to have a blog on here, so here goes:
I KNOW McCain is old. What? You were all gonna vote for him if he was nearer in age to Obama? I didn't think so. And I wouldn't vote for Obama no matter old HE was (or is) either.
Aren't you all worried that Obama has been in the Senate for what...ten minutes? You probably aren't. If McCain had just gotten there though, you'd all have PLENTY to say.
We have a guy running for the state legislature here and he's pro-life as any Republican has to be around here. He asked if he could put a sign in my yard. I told him he'd have to be pro-choice for me to permit that. He skipped off to the next house.
I hear Sarah Palin's glasses are now all the rage. I think she should call 1955 as they want their glasses back. I run into her type all the time in my Republican travels. They always tell me that God loves me. I don't bother to tell them that I think we are all masssive computer programs controlled by beings superior to us, but that much more superior. That would probably make those right-wingers faint if I said that.
And does anybody watch Bridezilla's on the We channel? I love Bridezillas. The Bridezillas mainly moan and groan when any attention leaves them. I can understand that as no one will probably ever pay that much attention to them after their wedding. Some Bridezillas are worse than others though. One of them said f--- every other word, it seems. She listed her occupation as "Nanny". Yiiiiiiiiiiikes!
And I always watch "Platinum Weddings" after Bridezillas. Those are the weddings where the average budget for the wedding is 700,000. And these Platinum brides always have designer gowns that they always model for their mothers (or whomever the Bride chooses for the viewing). And almost every time, after viewing the gown, I yell at the screen--"TAKE IT BACK, YOU PAID TOO MUCH FOR THIS DISASTER!" But the mothers ooh and ah and tell the bride how beautiful the Bride looks. No, they don't. But as usual, nobody listens to me.
Hence, you are all voting for that guy from Chicago.
I like to stick out in a crowd. Those Bridezillas should take a tip from me if they want that much attention. Have opposing views!

16 comments:

vq said...

Well howdy, Moif. About time you stopped by and said something!

Ded said...

So there isn't a McCain/Palin sign in your yard. The latter, of course, is a rabin pro-lifer. McCain makes claims to a pro life stance but I think he's in the closet on the issue.

vq said...

He used to be pro-choice. He had this sudden, mysterious change....

mavis sidebottom said...

Its lovely to read an opposing view Murf I hate obama just cos everyone else loves him and you know how I suffer from compassion fatigue

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

Hey Murf good to see you. It has been far too long

emma said...

Hiya Murf,

Seeing as how you're usually right on the mark about the Oscar/emmy Awards best and worst dresses, etc, you're forgiven for being wrong about politics :)

Not everyone here is pro-Obama. I'm still nursing resentment for his brush off of Hilly. I won't vote for that old Flip Flopper McCain, but I'm not sure I'll vote for the Big O.

I detest when people bring their religion into their potical views--as if God favors one party over the other. Those people, in my opinion are no better than fanatical Muslim extremists--after all, God speaks to them too, right?

emma said...

So Murf, are you going to hold your nose and vote for the two anti-Choicers?

Maryetta said...

Yes, I'm going to vote for McCain and weird Sarah. Why? His social views are suspect and Palin's views are WAAAAAAAAY out there.
But McCain won't view enemies of this country with "sensitivity", (I think I spelled that wrong) a la John Kerry, and spend money where it doesn't need to go and probably won't work anyway.
And McCain's been in the Senate a little longer than 10 freakin' MINUTES!
Obama's wife is better looking than McCain's. She should walk the red carpet at the Oscars. I'd bet she'd blow everyone else AWAY.
But, that won't get me to vote for Obama.
All this is ridiculous though. Voib is never going to vote for a Republican for President and I'm never going to vote for a Democrat.
But, I have access to my roommate who knows nothing about politics save what he watches on "The Lef...West Wing" and he's undecided. He does offer the opinion that when he sees Barak Obama, he always thinks Obama is behaving as if he's in some sort of play.
I AM comforted by the fact that Obama is an avid ESPN watcher though. Presidents who aren't interested in anything else but politics, make me a bit jumpy.
McCain's favorite show is "Question Time" from Parliament on CSPAN. As far as I know, he has no outside interests.
And that makes me jumpy.
And no, there's no McCain/Palin sign in my yard.
There WOULD be a Guliani sign in my yard had HE won the nomination. Pro-choice and all, you see.

Gail said...

I was going to comment, but I've sworn off saying anything about this campaign since it usually brings on a horrid tirade from Dennis and since he's a rapid Republican, I KNOW he's wrong. But we've made it 20 years so far and I'll be damned if I'll let McOldGuy come between us now...

vq said...

Dave is a Republican, too, but he hasn't voted in about 20 years. Now and then he'll say, "hey, could you pick me up a voter registration next time you're at the DMV?" and I say, "Sure, honey." ;)

mavis sidebottom said...

I think if they had a cynical party id vote for that

Gail said...

Vq-I've found selective hearing will work wonders and I see that you've found that out too ;-)

longhair75 said...

In a slight derail, I would just like to say hello to my old friend Maryetta.

emma said...

Pete,
welcome . . you can be an honorary Old Broard

Maryetta said...

Pete, Pete, where have you been? If I'd seen a post from you earlier, I would have commented earlier!
How's things in The Cornhusker State? And how's the lovely Suzette??
xoxox,

vq said...

I think Pete would make a very fine Honorary Old Broard!