Monday, September 22

The Emmys

What was good about last night's Emmys:
1. Tina Fey winning best actress in a comedy and best writing, and 30 Rock winning best Comedy.
2. Ricky Gervais having fun with Steve Carell taking his Emmy last year.
3. Tommy Smothers accepting a writing Emmy for the 1968 Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour

What was awful about the Emmys: EVERYTHING ELSE.

This awards show was the absolute WORST I have ever see. Among the low of the lowlights:
1. The awful five cohosts: Bob Bergeron, Howie Mandell, Heidi Klum, Jeff Probst and Ryan Seacrest. Whose idea was that and when ill they be fired?
2. The awful "tribute" to Laugh-In. I was embarassed for the wonderful Lily Tomlin having to participate in that mess.
3. The awful 60-show theme song tribute by Josh Grobin. Poor Josh did his best with that mess.
4. Worst presenter pairing of the night: David Boreanz of Bones with that why-is-she-famous Lauren Conrad. He looked like he's rather be having dental work done.
5. Diva-of-the-night: Glenn Close dismissing America Ferrera who tried to give Close her Emmy and Close said, "hold it for me will you" while she gave her speech. Hold it your damned self.
6. Queen of tv Oprah (or Opfah as Big Al calls her) introducing the show. Oprah, you're not the best thing since sliced bread girl, no matter what Gayle might tell you.


Awful, awful, awful

4 comments:

sheila222 said...

The only thing I watched was Don Rickles making a presentation and then a few minutes later getting an Emmy. And whatever else was in between.

vq said...

I didn't see it, but where is Moif to tell us all about the dresses???

Beanns37 said...

I was at the theatre seeing Burn After Reading with the guy so I didn't watch any of the Emmy's this year.

Maryetta said...

Here I am.
Tina Fey looked HORRIBLE. Who did the woman's hair? I know "30 Rock" is low-rated, but really, doesn't she make enough money to get her hair styled....or something?
And MTM, Honey, you're seventy or so. That dress made you look....80.
Alec Baldwin has that humble act down pretty good.
I didn't like America Ferrara's dress. Frumpy is all I can say about that.
Somebody had horrible shoes. Oh wait, MOST of them had horrible shoes...if I can see their toes, the shoes were horrible.
Kathy Griffin, whom I hate anyway....honey, dyed red hair...uh no...surely you can look better than what you looked like on Sunday? Luckily you were with Don Rickles,as he's easier to watch and listen to, than you are.
And Vanessa Williams would have looked lots better without that STRAP.
And hadn't the Democrats already held their convention? I'm thinking the only reason I saw Tom Selleck was that he wandered in by mistake.
It's a reason for me to hope Obama wins...then I won't have to listen to these ninnies whine about this and that for at least four years. I can listen to you all as you don't have an over inflated view of your own importance, but these people...I was looking for a rock to throw at my television.
And surprise, suprise, "Recount" won a lot of awards. I didn't see it, but I knew those ninnies in Hollywood would love it.
I'm glad "Mad Men" won though. Although the writers of that show have the ad agency supporting Nixon. Which of course they would, because the "Mad Men" are all portrayed as kind of evil.
And I thought it was great that 80 something- year old Betty White, had it more together than MTM, who as I said before, is 70 something.
Christina Applegate looked great. Viva Christina!

From the desk of Murf