Monday, September 22

take 2 advil and get bent

I went to the nurologist for my hand gimpy issue. I was pushy when I'm usually laid back because the pain is now radiating from my middle right finger all the way down my arm through my elbow to my shoulder all the way down my spine to my lower back. I can't hold my daughter for more than 15 minutes and sometimes when I pick her up, I have to put her down so I don't drop her. I expected some compassion from this man. I sat in the exam room long enough to catch up on celebrity gossip from last June that I don't really care about. After an hour, I heard a man and a woman stand outside the door talking about my issue and deciding what to do about it. I became snippy soon after because I dislike doctors talking about how to fix my problem when they haven't even seen me, talked to me, or been given any of my paperwork to read. So when he came in I said to him, "Look, you don't know me, but I had a c-section last year and not only was I ready to get up and walk the same day, but I didn't take the pain medication they gave me beyond tylenol. These past weeks have been the most painful of my life. I've been taking prescription pain medication just to scrape by. I need help." Damn if that fucker didn't write me off and tell me to take advil after ordering a bunch of tests. If 9 extra strength rapid release tylenols don't help, wtf will 2 advil do?

5 comments:

vq said...

Well, they will reduce inflammation, and that should help. Tylenol doesn't do that.

Also, Tylenol sucks as a pain reliever, in my humble opinion.

Sorry the doctor was an ass.

Gail said...

We ran into an absolute ass of a doctor this summer. Dennis also had radiating pain in his arm and went to a neurologist for it. After waiting an hour or more for an office visit and then three hours when he went for another test, Dennis decided it'd be a cold day in hell before he went back to that quack. You have my sympathy and I hope you can find someone to find out why you're having this pain-medications only mask the pain and don't resolve it.

mavis sidebottom said...

Dennis probably knew more about the medicine he needed than the doc did anyway

Gail said...

Yep, in fact Dennis was the one who suggested the medication that the quack finally prescribed. I TOLD Dennis that I didn't like the guy, but would he listen to me? (No is the correct answer in case you're wondering) ;-)

sheila222 said...

Hopefully the tests will yield some information about something that can be corrected. What is even more frustrating is not finding any real cause for a problem- ie- chronic backache for years. And the problem later found isn't even in your back but it fixes your backache. The body is full of pitfalls and wrong turns. Hope you start improving soon.