Saturday, September 27

Paul Newman

Legendary actor Paul Newman has died.
As well as a fine actor, he was a humanitarian and donated multi millions of dollars to charities, including his Hole-in-the-Wall camps for children with terminal illnesses. There are Newman Hole-in-the-Wall camps in many different countries now. His goodness has spread around the world. There was an excellent feature story about him in the recent Vanity Fair magazine.

Other celebrities and wealthy people should take a page, or several pages, from Paul's book.

He loved his wife, his children, acting, directing, race car driving and beer.

What a guy

7 comments:

emma said...

This guy had a great sense of humor:

"He stumped for liberal causes, including Eugene McCarthy's 1968 presidential candidacy, and earned a spot on Richard Nixon's enemies list -- "the highest single honor I've ever received," he said."

Gail said...

I was having a nice day until I read about this. What a loss, not only to his family, but to anyone who ever saw his movies. To me, I'll always remember the way he looked in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. Liz Taylor pretty? Shoot, Paul was BEAUTIFUL.

vq said...

The world has lost the coolest and most gorgeous man who ever walked the earth. I am so sad.

vq said...

On a side note, my dad looked so much like Paul Newman that people would stop in in the street to tell him so. It broke my heart to see Newman's thin, cancer-drawn face, because it took me right back to my dad's battle with pancreatic cancer.

Orbie/\;;/\ said...

His passing removes a light from the world.

Brenda said...

the light from the world is missing, but i like to think he is now a star shining above. ;)

mavis sidebottom said...

Didn;t he cheat on his first wife and leave her though ?